GRADE SCHOOL DEPARTMENT
Surigao Education Center envisions to be a dynamic educational institution producing globally competitive professionals through excellent quality education.
Surigao Education Center is committed to provide an excellent quality education, appropriate, relevant and responsive to the needs of our stakeholders through a dynamic educational system anchored on the institutional core values with competent human resources, facilities, research and development.
SEC Basic Elementary Education aims to prepare the child for secondary school life and day-to-day living by developing his spiritual, moral, mental and physical capabilities. To achieve this, it shall:
- develop functional literacy in Filipino and English as basic tools for further learning;
- provide the knowledge and develop the skills, attitudes, and values essential to personal development and necessary for living in and contributing to a developing and changing social milieu;
- provide learning experiences which shall increase the child’s awareness of and responsive to the changes and just demands of society and to prepare him/her for constructive and effective involvement for productive and progressive home and community life;
- promote and intensify the child’s knowledge of identification with, and love for God, the nation, and the people to which he/she belongs;
- teach basic health knowledge and the formation of desirable health habits and practices;
- promote experiences which develop the child’s orientation to the world of work and creativity and prepare himself/herself to engage in honest and gainful work;
- lead the role on environmental awareness by enhancing environmental education and instill in the minds of the pupils the need to preserve and protect the environment;
- promote continuous professional growth through faculty development program.