COLLEGE OF MARITIME EDUCATION
A globally recognized Quality Maritime Education Institution producing world class seafarers.
SEC-CME is committed to satisfy the needs of its students by developing and delivering quality Maritime Educational Programs compliant to national and international standards. Through the partnership of its dedicated and highly qualified faculty members and staff, SEC-CME will take upon itself the duty and responsibility to educate, develop and train the students to become responsible and reliable seafarers. SEC-CME aims to be known for excellence in its services.
Surigao Education Center – College of Maritime Education, as a manifestation of its commitment to the Quality Management System shall undertake the following:
- to provide and update the facilities and equipment necessary to meet the products’ requirements
- to implement continual improvement of the system through efficient implementation of the Quality Management System
- to enrich SEC-CME Curriculum and Syllabi
- to adopt a Development and Enhancement Program for the Faculty and Staff
- to engage in Community Extension Services
- to institutionalize the culture of research to improve the program and services, to identify areas that need improvement, and to upgrade the system to current trends and requirements.
- to give importance to customers’ satisfaction by prioritizing and addressing customers’ feedbacks for continual improvement
- to increase revenue through application of dynamic marketing strategies
- to offer services to the customers that will meet and surpass the criteria prescribed by national and international standards to ultimately give them satisfaction.
- To continue to improve the marketing strategies to increase enrolment.
- To continue to upgrade the academic and professional qualifications of faculty and staff by sending them to trainings and even to graduate studies.
- To continuously improve the school facilities and equipment and set provisions for purchases of new laboratory equipment to provide the quality of education.
- To provide programs in enhancement of values and attitudes of students through in-house seminars.
- To continually review the curriculum offerings and syllabi, at least once a year, before the start of the first semester of the next school year.
- To comply all requirements of the internal audit to be able to continue the quality management system in the department.
- To continue to formulate and implement activities for the Community Extension Services Program every school year and include participation in the community programs/activities of local government units and agencies to expand the school’s outreach activities.
- To instil the culture of research among faculty members and students to be able to formulate programs geared towards excellence in education.
- To continue to formulate better strategies to gather customers’ feedback to be able to come up with a school program that will address customers’ needs to achieve a higher degree of customer satisfaction.